While product policies differ, at Simba, we base our service on the following principles.
While warranty varies from product to product, it is likely that any product supported by Simba Service comes with a manufacturer’s warranty as standard. This covers all parts (excluding the external body, displays and switches) for a period indicated at the time of purchase (usually 12 months, unless otherwise indicated). If it is determined that the product has a defect, Simba Service will repair the product without charge (excluding any transport costs) during the warranty period.
Please register your product on our website within 7 days from the date of purchase.
Please hold onto your purchase invoice which will need to be produced whenever you require any service assistance.
In the event of any concern or problem, please contact our Customer Information Center at 0700 111 2233 or contact with appropriate forms on this site.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The warranty will apply provided the product is still in possession of and used by the original purchaser.
- All services under warranty shall be rendered by Simba only against providing the proof of purchase.
- The warranty will be void if the company determines that defects have arisen by reasons of accident, abuse, misuse, neglect, improper installation (if not undertaken by the company or its representative), fire, flood, any act of GOD, any other natural calamities and/or any other unauthorized repairs done or carried out. The cost of any such repairs will be borne by the purchaser. The problem of fuse blown will not be considered under warranty.
- The warranty does not cover transportation costs (if any), including expenses incurred in collecting the products or parts thereof from company’s service centre, as well as the expenses incurred with deputing of service personnel / technicians toward their conveyance and other incidentals.
- Simba Service will advise the customer whether to affect the service at site or at the service centre.
- While the company will make every efforts to carry out the repairs at the earliest, it is however made expressly clear that is company is under no obligation to do so in a specific period of time.
- The company customer care or its authorized service centre / service dealer reserves the right to retain any parts or components at its discretion in the event of a defect being noticed in the equipment during warranty period.
- The warranty does not cover the accessories, external to the equipment, supplied by dealer.
- This warranty covers only the cost of repairs and not any replacement of the product or refund.
- The warranty will be automatically terminated on the expiry of the warranty period, even in case of the inverter not being used in the specified period.
- The company will not be held liable for any loss or injury or damage cause to life or property or death and disability caused to any form of life for any reason whatsoever.
- The warranty will not apply if the original seals are found broken or tampered with.
- Free service under the terms of warranty will be provided only by authorized representatives/ dealers of the company anywhere in Nigeria.
- The company expressly denies the right of any person to incur or assure for it any other liability or obligation in connection with the sale of inverter or battery.
- In case the inverter or battery model is phased out, the Company reserves the right to provide another model of the same capacity and suited to the application, as settlement of warranty.
- Batteries are warranted solely against poor workmanship and use of faulty material. Consequently, the following are not covered under this warranty:
- Fault arising due to improper usage or charging
- Battery bulging and/or development of cracks
- Breakage of the terminals of the battery
- Use of the battery for anything other than inverter/UPS applications
- In case a defective battery is replaced or repaired free of cost, the warranty of such a battery will commence from the date of purchase of the original battery as mentioned in the original warranty card. Also, the defective battery then becomes the property of the company and no rebate or scrap value will be given for it.
- All disputes are subject to jurisdiction of civil court in Nigeria.